Sunday, July 28, 2013

Give Me the Goods Link Party #18: Sunday Features!

Give Me the Goods Monday Features

It’s time for the features from last weeks GMTG party!




Be sure to check out the other host’s features after leaving here:
Jamie @ Better with Age
Rachel @ Maison de Pax
Here are my picks this week:
How to Reupholster Vintage Dining Chairs
Reupholstered Vintage Chairs from the DIY Dreamer
Christine takes us through each step of her Craigslist chair transformation. I'm a big fan of refurbishing furniture, and this is a fantastic tutorial for showing you how to dive right into making trash a treasure.
Key Lime Pie with a Pretzel Crust and Coconut Whipped Cream | {Five Heart Home}
Key Lime Pie with Pretzel Crust & Coconut Whipped Cream from
 Five Heart Home
Um, do I have to explain why this is one of my picks? Key Lime Pie and Coconut Whipped Cream? YES! I am so excited that I've found Samantha's blog through Give Me the Goods Monday. I'll be following her recipes from here on out!
painted furniture, annie sloan, grain sack, monogram, frog tape
Grain Sack Inspired Dressers from Circa 1929
This is a sweet tutorial on updating a dresser with grain sack pinache. Some of you may have seen me mention before that I grew up in a 1900's Victorian, so I'm sort of partial to old houses and refurbishing furniture.  I love how Tammy chose the gray paint, stripes and monograms - which are very NOW and interpretted them into a 1929 version...grainsack and cross- stitch. Brilliant.

Pinned It, Did It: Ikea Spice Rack Bookshelves from Everyday Organizing
Actually doing things that you PIN is my goal for 2013. And I'm a fan of not having to re-invent the wheel, meaning, if you see a good idea GO FOR IT! Kristen at Everyday Organizing had seen these IKEA Spice Racks turned into bookshelves on Pinterest and made it happen. She includes the link to the original post in her tutorial, which gives tips and tricks on how to paint them. Each rack was $3.99 so this is a cheap and easy project with a big impact. 
Most Viewed Link:
Give Me the Goods Monday Features #18 {rainonatinroof.com} #diy #homedecor
Dumpster Diving for a Headboard from This Sarah Loves
Were you featured? Be sure to grab a button!
I Brought The Goods Monday

And don’t forget to check out the other host’s features:
Jamie @ Better with Age
Rachel @ Maison de Pax
 See you tomorrow for Give Me the Goods Monday Link Party #19!!!
XXXOOO.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my grain sack dressers. I loved doing them. Hope to have may more projects to share in the upcoming month.
    Tammy - circa-1929

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words and for featuring my Key Lime Pie, Amy! I'm honored... :) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete