Friday, July 25, 2014

Year of Change Designer Challenge JULY {Plate Wall}

First off, I'd like to thank my co-hosts in The Year of Change Challenge. While I was off on the East Coast and then dealing with a glitch in my health, they've been maintaining the schedule and have been incredibly patient with my absence. This lady is grateful and pretty humbled to have such amazing (not to mention incredibly talented) friends. 


This month’s Year of Change Challenge was to makeover an area we have neglected. We wanted to show that just addressing one task (say, that you may have put off for a bit) can have a big impact.  My 'to do' list that I've been neglecting, pretty much is like 100 tasks long. I just jumped in with one easy wall hanging project, that was fun and quick! 

In addition to the usual crew {Suburban BitchesLife on Virginia Street and Rosa Beltran Design}, we are also joined by our guest designer, Paige, from The Pink Clutch!

Our basement is a bland, kid area...chock-full of kid stuff...keyboard, tv hang out area, toys, books...you get the picture.  A few years ago, while still living in Tulsa, I found a few vintage (1950's and '60's) souvenir plates and started a little collection. I thought this was the PERFECT spot to hang them. I love using plates as wall art.
Using just your standard $1.99 plate hangars, I hung them in an a-symmetrical formation. I love free-form hangings, but the main reason why I hung them in this fashion was so that if my collection grows, I can easily just fill in and add easily. 






Now, stop over to each of the other Year of Change Designers (Suburban BitchesLife On Virginia StreetRosa Beltran Design & The Pink Clutch) to see the projects that they've accomplished around their homes this month!



No comments:

Post a Comment