Friday, November 28, 2014

Year of Change Designer Challenge November Reveal {Bedroom Refresh}



It's that time again!!! 
Today we are all revealing our November Year of Change Project: Bedroom Refresh!
 As always, each month I am joined by Tricia and Erin who ARE Suburban BitchesSarah at Life on Virginia Street and Rosa of Rosa Beltran Designs. We also have fabulous guest designers each month and this month is no exception!!! We are excited to have the lovely ladies at 11 Magnolia Lane as our guest designers for our Bedroom Challenge this month.
I approached this month's challenge from the perspective of just taking away, changing out, adding a few different accessories can freshen up your bedroom...giving you the change you want for a small amount of money.  For several years, I have had porcelain blue and white bedding, and although soft and pretty, it was sort of feeling tired and bland.  I wanted a predominantly white bed with pops of bohemian blues, golds, creams and grays. The key for me was to keep it textural and comfortable. I wanted sophisticated and chic but not fancy and formal.
I started with my own white sheets, (stitching on a gray Greek Key trim to the top sheet), added several pillows (purchasing the ones that I loved and then playing with them to see which would actually work together), moved a rug from another room and finished with my bedside table.
I would have LOVED to plank the walls, add bamboo blinds and a handful of other little details.
The word FRESH is in the word REFRESH...I wanted a refreshing, relaxing room.
Here is my CASUAL BOHO CHIC Bedroom Refresh.

 The fun part was playing with the pillows that I had selected.













and this is the final pillow decision...although difficult to edit out a John Robshaw pillow, less was more for me.















My room isn't bright green, as it appears in the picture below, it is Sherwin Williams "Sea Salt", so it is actually more of a gray during the day but the light in the picture throws it off quite a bit. 




I'll be sharing a Source Guide for the Refresh on Tuesday of next week, if anyone is interested in learning where I found my items...everywhere from Anthropologie to Walmart.

Be sure to check out all those amazing rooms from Suburban BitchesLife on Virginia StreetRosa Beltran Designs and our fabulous guest 11 Magnolia Street
Hope you're inspired by our YoC projects this month.
We'll be announcing our December Challenge next week!!! 
XXXOOO,

1 comment:

  1. I love all the patterns and textures. The blue and gold are so pretty together. I need to know more about the blue peacock (?) pillow cases and the polkadot pillow :) Love them! xx

    ReplyDelete